From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] looking for a mentor
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 01:48:58
1 On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 03:33 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan kirjoitti:
3 > >
4 > > jsin is a bit busy (and not at 6 months yet) so he can't mentor me,
5 > > although he still offers help as time permits. I would therefore like
6 > > to see if anyone wants to volunteer their mentoring prowess to get me to
7 > > developer status :)
10 > I presume no-one has yet contacted Iain. I asked him to mail this
11 > message to the mailing list in the hopes of finding a mentor for him. It
12 > would really help Gentoo if devs would actively pick up new recruits. If
13 > you need any help with mentoring etc don't hesitate to contact us. We
14 > even have a doc to get mentors started:
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/recruiters/mentor.xml
16
17 actually I had philantrop offer (many thanks, will get back to you ASAP)
18 and 2 or 3 comments on IRC (thanks also :)
19
20 I was going to reply when I'd said OK to philantrop, and he'd said OK to
21 my OK, but I got stuck in an infinite loop...
22
23 > Regards,
24 > Petteri
25 > --
26 > Recruiters lead
27
28 thanks,
32 Politics makes strange bedfellows, and journalism makes strange politics.
33 -- Amy Gorin
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list