From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cvs access
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:22:36
1 On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 03:45:27PM +0200, jensmh@×××.de wrote:
2 > Are there ebuilds for the gentoo documentation? Since I've got only a dialup
3 > internet connection it would be more comfortable for me to emerge the docs.
4
5 There are no ebuilds for the Gentoo docs, but you can safely use wget to
6 fetch them all. Don't forget to add --html-extension otherwise you would
7 have *.xml files which might not load correctly in your browser.
8
9 For instance:
10 wget --html-extension --recursive --level=1 --page-requisites \
11 --timestamping --convert-links --backup-converted \
12 http://www.gentoo.doc/doc/en/index.xml
13
14 And the same for http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml
15
16 Wkr,
17 Sven Vermeulen
20 Bent Hindrup Andersen, Danish MEP, about the Software Patent Directive:
21 The approach of the Commission and Council in this directive is shocking.
22 They are making full use of all the possibilities of evading democracy that
23 the current Community Law provides. <http://lwn.net/Articles/84009/>