From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:55:46
1 On Saturday 05 of November 2005 11:28 Grobian wrote:
2 > Remember that it is easy
3 > to say here that users don't read what's on their consoles as well, as
4 > in post emerge messages etc.  So make sure you deal with it upfront, why
5 > you think now it *will* work.
6
7 "Emerge messages" are usually hidden by compilation output, so this argument
8 doesn't apply here, IMHO. Or am I missing your point here?
9
10 > In any case, elaborate on why supporting only OR was chosen and why
11 > other (probably investigated) options were discarded (and hence make my
12 > statement above unnecessary).
13
14 Good point. How is it handled by (<rant>er, XML-based, hehe</rant>) GLSAs?
15
16 Cheers,
17 -jkt
20 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth