From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stable and unstable branches.
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:50:05
1 On Wednesday 24 July 2002 06:32, Christian Axelsson wrote:
2 > How about mask the "unstable" ebuilds in the stable distribution?
3
4 That's the same. The people he is talking about won't unmask it.
5
6 > GenToo Linux is a distribution for powerusers by powerusers :)
7
8 Exactly _but_ I'd really like to have a "stable" gentoo that you can use in a
9 production environment without the need to test every lil thing yourself.
10 That's why managers normally want something like RH so they can have others
11 test everything and blame them if something goes wrong.
12
13 Also there needs to be some quality control even for power users. I am no
14 newbie and have submitted some ebuilds but some things I just wanna merge and
15 know they work. I made my own custom ebuild for apache but I surely would not
16 do anything about say openoffice ... just build it (or in that case better
17 merge openoffice-bin :)) and have it work.
20 Alex
23 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
24 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
25 Benjamin Franklin