From: Jigme Datse Rasku <jigme.datse@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentooo 501(c) accounting
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 18:53:18
1 I have been using LedgerSMB as when I was looking everything except
2 SQL-Ledger (which got forked to LedgerSMB) was either too expensive
3 (commercial, and a lot didn't run on Linux) or more pain than writing in a
4 ledger book (easier to screw up, and harder to remember what I was doing
5 anyway).
6
7 As I haven't looked at options for ages, due to feeling LedgerSMB continues
8 to be a good fit (I switched to them soon after the fork), and mostly fails
9 for me in terms of multiple features I don't really need, or so far haven't
10 even found a use case that works for me, but many over time which I thought
11 I wouldn't use, I do now. don't need to, but it works.
12
13 I expressed recently that *if* they created a "only new code" version which
14 only had basic accounting features, I could, and would work with it, if
15 that worked mostly like that is currently working.
16
17 For me, as the interface (web based) is a huge plus over anything I looked
18 at in the past.
19