From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for February
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:09:22
1 On Wednesday, 13. February 2008 19:34:37 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Okay, so I stand corrected about them approving it. Where is the
3 > approved specification though?
4
5 That's something I asked the council, too, here:
6
7 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.council/110
8
9 I got no response from the council on the list. Thus, I asked during the
10 next council meeting's "open floor" session:
11
12 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20071213-summary.txt
13
14 The last paragraph of the summary shows the (non-)result.
15
16 > PMS is still a draft the last time I heard,
17
18 Well, considering that the approval refers to PMS, some version of it
19 seems to be authoritative. :-)
20
21 I just don't know which one (and, as can be seen from the full log of said
22 meeting, I consider the external PMS repository authoritative until a
23 council decision) and
24
25 git+ssh://<username>@git.gentoo.org/var/gitroot/pms
26
27 which was once the "official" copy of the repository doesn't seem to exist
28 anymore.
29
30 > and if it isn't, we should have a non-moving version that is
31 > authoritive about EAPI=1. (And no, the man pages are not a
32 > specification, nor is a list of bugs...give us one document that we can
33 > point to)
34
35 Totally agreed.
38 Best regards, Wulf