From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for February
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:34:57
1 "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o> said:
2 > "EAPI=1 approved for use in the main tree
3 > ----------------------------------------
4 >
5 > Stable portage version 2.1.3.12 supports EAPI=1. It's now officially OK
6 > to start using it in the main tree. From the ebuild ChangeLog for
7 > portage:
8 >
9 > This release is the first to have support for EAPI-1 (#194876), which
10 > includes SLOT dependencies (#174405), IUSE defaults (#174410), and
11 > ECONF_SOURCE support for the default src_compile function (#179380).
12 > Package maintainers should carefully consider the backward compatibility
13 > consequences before defining EAPI="1" in any ebuilds, especially if
14 > other packages depend on those ebuilds. See the ebuild(5) and emerge(1)
15 > manual pages for EAPI related documentation.
16 >
17 > EAPI=1 features are documented in PMS as well as the man pages, but they
18 > are not yet documented in the devmanual or the dev handbook."
19
20 Okay, so I stand corrected about them approving it. Where is the
21 approved specification though? PMS is still a draft the last time I
22 heard, and if it isn't, we should have a non-moving version that is
23 authoritive about EAPI=1. (And no, the man pages are not a
24 specification, nor is a list of bugs...give us one document that we can
25 point to)
26
27 I can get it put into devmanual as soon as I can find the approved
28 authoritative source to base information off of.
31 Mark Loeser
32 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
33 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com
34 web - http://www.halcy0n.com