From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for February
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:21:29
1 On Wednesday, 13. February 2008 18:57:58 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > This is probably a bit late to be bringing up, but could the council
3 > please discuss the state of PMS and EAPI? What we mean by that is that
4 > it seems we are using EAPI=1 in the tree, and some of us are concerned
5 > because we can't find any council approved proposal of what EAPI=1
6 > actually means.
7
8 "EAPI=1 approved for use in the main tree
9 ----------------------------------------
10
11 Stable portage version 2.1.3.12 supports EAPI=1. It's now officially OK
12 to start using it in the main tree. From the ebuild ChangeLog for
13 portage:
14
15 This release is the first to have support for EAPI-1 (#194876), which
16 includes SLOT dependencies (#174405), IUSE defaults (#174410), and
17 ECONF_SOURCE support for the default src_compile function (#179380).
18 Package maintainers should carefully consider the backward compatibility
19 consequences before defining EAPI="1" in any ebuilds, especially if
20 other packages depend on those ebuilds. See the ebuild(5) and emerge(1)
21 manual pages for EAPI related documentation.
22
23 EAPI=1 features are documented in PMS as well as the man pages, but they
24 are not yet documented in the devmanual or the dev handbook."
25
26 (From
27 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20071108-summary.txt)
30 Best regards, Wulf