From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] From [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:13:17
1 On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:48:53 +0200 foser <foser@g.o> wrote:
2 | > For those of you who missed it the first three times, *the current
3 | > system works*.
4 |
5 | This is just not true, i've seen it break things & this will happen
6 | more and more in the future. I've posted a recent example on -dev
7 | already, so I don't even know why you can still knowingly make this
8 | false statement.
9
10 And as I recall, the example you provided was invalid, since a) the
11 packages in question weren't stable on mips anyway, and b) it fixed a
12 lot more than it broke. I'd also like to point out that we have a lot of
13 happy users running our stable trees, and that the *only* complaint
14 we've had regarding our keywording policies for sparc and mips came from
15 a developer who has absolutely nothing to do with the archs in question.
16 So, from the perspective of the people who actually use our trees, yes,
17 the system works.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm