From: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re:[gentoo-dev] addition of optional dependencies to (gtk+-2.4.1)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 02:56:13
1 Yeah, two people at the start, one must of remembered it's sacrilegious to
2 question your all-knowingness. Let's recap, shall we?
3
4 1) I've tried it. Lack of icons hasn't kept me from choosing a file.
5 2) Yep, it's an ancient README. But it's written and able to be read globally.
6 Your written proof is where? Oh, yes the source, in which no part declares it
7 unusable without these icons, recommended maybe, unusable no.
8 3)I'm not a dev. I can claim lack of time or any other reasons I choose, but
9 tops is mud-slinging thug devs. Community development is done by taking input
10 and criticism from the community, neither which you handle well at all.Should
11 just suffix packages under your care with .rpm or .deb, hell those devs think
12 they're enabling reasonable defaults too.
13 4)I'm done with this thread as well, kick it up to management for review.
17 Chuck Brewer
18 Registered Linux User #284015
19 Get my gpg public key at pgp.mit.edu!! Encrypted e-mail preferred.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list