From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:21:01
1 On Monday 27 September 2004 7:50 pm, Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > wtf crack monkey voted to remove dhcpcd from the system profile? i dunno
3 > about you guys, but i like actually being able to connect to the
4 > internet. it's as essential as ifconfig.
5 >
6 > since i'd like to at least have a usable system of some kind, i've
7 > re-added dhcpcd to the amd64 2004.3 profile. please do me a favor and do
8 > NOT remove it again.
9 I didn't do it, but dhcpcd sure isn't essential to get an internet connection.
10 I've heard of various other methods such as setting a static IP, PPPoE,
11 PPP/dialup, pump (BOOTP/DHCP client), etc...
12 IMO, removing it was a good idea.
13 --
14 Luke-Jr
15 Developer, Utopios