From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: Spider <spider@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Genflags 0.91
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:45:09
1 I have to agree with spider. If you know what you are doing and accept
2 the risks, that's great, but I thought (hey, I can be wrong :) ) that
3 the point of this was to be able to offer a tool/script that larry
4 average could use to generate appropriate flags without knowing what
5 he's doing (like, say, me). I know that on the perl side we've had bugs,
6 not as many as others, but still, where it all came down to an
7 optimization flag that caused problems.