From: Rutger Lubbers <ripat@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] compile time statistics
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:45:21
1 I believe that that is possible... That's why I started this.
2 Only getting data into the ebuilds... thats something else...
3 I could obtain data for a package class (net-www) or a package
4 (net-www/mozilla) or for a version (net-www/mozilla-0.0.1-alpha).
5 Now to port that data back.... thats difficult... perhaps emerge sync should
6 get the data for your cpu type and we should modify emerge so that it takes
7 advantage of that info.....
8
9 > I was actually thinking of making this proposal :)
10 > Just a small comment. In LFS you can find estimate compile time in SBU
11 > (Standart Bash Units - time required to compile bash). It would be nice
12 > if we could include this kind of information into ebuild. Any ideas on
13 > whether that would be possible to do?
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list