From: Thomas Tuttle <gentoo@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:44:51
1 On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:54:44 -0400, "Daniel Drake" <dsd@g.o>
2 said:
3 > I do like the "gentoo-politics" idea that came up a few weeks ago, which
4 > was to move politics off gentoo-dev and to another list, but I'd view it
5 > from another perspective (and avoid the words 'politics'): make
6 > gentoo-dev for development topics only, and have another list for the
7 > rest. But, I suspect we'd come back to the same problem on both lists,
8 > where some people are too keen to talk and deviate too far away from
9 > technical discussion.
10
11 On IRC, when a conversation wanders offtopic, one of the ops just nudges
12 the participants and says "hey, you should move your conversation to
13 #gentoo-foo" (or "##foo" or whatever). Wouldn't it be easy enough for
14 someone to do that here? It'd be pretty easy to specify what's on- and
15 off-topic for each list, and it would be friendlier than moderation,
16 just like it's friendlier for IRC ops to ask you nicely to switch
17 channels than to simply kick you out.
18
19 --Thomas Tuttle
20 --
21 Thomas Tuttle - ttuttle@×××××××.net - http://www.ttuttle.net/