From: federico <xaero@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: pciparm init script for sys-apps/pciutils
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:04:44
1 federico ha scritto:
2 > Steve Long ha scritto:
3 >
4 >> What benefits does it show; why would I want it on my machine?
8 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/articles/hardware-stability-p2.xml
11 > cause you don't want to write setpci stuff in /etc/conf.d/local.start ;D
12 >
13 > seriously: because you can disable it by a kernel command line
14 > 'nopciparm' (like the hdparm script does); because it provides a place
15 > to store those settings;
16 >
17 > although I don't like wrapping each register into a variable... too much
18 > work on the script side. would be better to simplify it to:
19 >
20 > ALL="latency_timer=0b ..."
21 > <CARD_ID>="latency_timer=ff rom_address=48000001"
22 > <CARD_ID2>="poo=foo ..."
23 >
24 and finally, I've made those changes.
25 (bug is REOPENED) I guess this is the last contribution, if anything
26 works fine
27
28 bye
29 --