From: federico <xaero@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: pciparm init script for sys-apps/pciutils
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:15:39
1 Steve Long ha scritto:
2 > What benefits does it show; why would I want it on my machine?
5 cause you don't want to write setpci stuff in /etc/conf.d/local.start ;D
6
7 seriously: because you can disable it by a kernel command line
8 'nopciparm' (like the hdparm script does); because it provides a place
9 to store those settings;
10
11 although I don't like wrapping each register into a variable... too much
12 work on the script side. would be better to simplify it to:
13
14 ALL="latency_timer=0b ..."
15 <CARD_ID>="latency_timer=ff rom_address=48000001"
16 <CARD_ID2>="poo=foo ..."
17
18 with pci IDs being read from `lspci` directly
21 Federico F.
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list