From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild policy questions.
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:06:06
1 Hi Terje!
2
3 I should have explicitly discussed the distinction between upstream and
4 third-party patches and those that are specific to Gentoo Linux. I
5 assumed that we were talking about the former in my previous post.
6
7 Normally gentoo specific patches created by the ebuild author are kept
8 in the files directory. A suffix of "-gentoo" is typically appended to
9 indicate this. For example, xgammon-0.98-gentoo-makefile.patch, or
10 something to that effect.
11
12 Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused.
13
14 Regards,
15
16 tod