From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild policy questions.
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:10:09
1 "Tod M. Neidt" <tod@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Hi Terje!
4
5 hi Tod. :)
6
7 > I should have explicitly discussed the distinction between upstream
8 > and third-party patches and those that are specific to Gentoo Linux.
9 > I assumed that we were talking about the former in my previous post.
10
11 I didn't think much of the difference to be honest. but thanks for
12 clearing it up.
13
14 > Normally gentoo specific patches created by the ebuild author are
15 > kept in the files directory. A suffix of "-gentoo" is typically
16 > appended to indicate this. For example,
17 > xgammon-0.98-gentoo-makefile.patch, or something to that effect.
18
19 oki. I'll keep that in mind when writing patches.
20
21 > Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused.
22
23 stop being sorry for helping. ;)
26 Terje