From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Dynamic dependencies
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:57:32
1 Kristian Fiskerstrand posted on Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:43:47 +0200 as
2 excerpted:
3
4 > fwiw, I've been running for quite a while with dynamic deps disabled on
5 > a few of my computers for quite some time, specifically the workstations
6 > (desktop/laptop), and the sun hasn't dropped out of the sky yet.
7
8 Same here, except that I'm also running...
9
10 --changed-deps (and I've long run --newuse)
11
12 ..., as it seems to avoid many of the blockers I otherwise had, too many
13 of which often required convoluted manual resolution that was simply a
14 pain for me, but likely insurmountable without help for many others.
15
16 Tho a word of caution, --changed-deps defaults to --selective as well,
17 which messed with my emerge scriptlets until I added --selective=y/n as
18 appropriate to each.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman