From: Martin Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE/semantic-desktop
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:00:23
1 Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > answer is about 10 additional megs of ram at idle
4 > and about 2 extra seconds to boot.
5
6 huge waste of compile time (not so much for KDE but more for the
7 databases), opening to all sort of possible attacks by bugs in these
8 databases whose servers need to be running etc.
9
10 I doubt that if you count these servers the difference is only 10 megs.
11 And on my machines with 512 MB RAM also losing 10 megs of RAM for
12 nothing (well - for increasing the attack vector) is an issue.
13
14 For "Take the full bloat or nothing" one can better choose a
15 binary distribution.