From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why don't you just ...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 05:19:00
1 Christopher Sawtell wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 11 April 2007 10:56:40 Benedikt Boehm wrote:
3 >> ... don't care about an uber-vision or direction and just keep your
4 >> friggin packages alive and working?
5 > Indeed!!
6 >
7 > Doing an emerge --deep --update world last week b0rked updating about a
8 > couple of dozen packages. Evenutally I realized that the problem was
9 > gcc-4.1.2 had a supposedly executable file filled with zeros in its
10 > file-set.
11
12 Did you fill a bug about it? I have 4.1.2 in most of my systems and they
13 are working fine. Sounds a quite local problem, can you reproduce it?
14
15 lu
19 Luca Barbato
20