From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The KDE overlay moves forward
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:17:47
1 On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:11:43 +0000
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > You'll find all the details in the following local copy of PMS with
4 > > the kdebuild-1 patch applied: http://www.mailstation.de/pms.pdf
5 > >
6 > Thanks, I'll have a closer look when I get some downtime.
7
8 Note that there're a couple of outright lies in that draft... (Most
9 obviously, it's entirely wrong about the magic mkdir stuff...) Unless
10 anyone screams too loudly, I'll be merging an updated patch into
11 official PMS in the not too distant future.
12
13 > Could you explain exactly what -scm-foo offers over the existing -cvs
14 > implementation? I'm assuming it's something more than what you've
15 > outlined here.
16
17 Usable version ordering, if you mean compared to Portage's old cvs
18 version hack, or usable dependencies in general, if you mean compared
19 to foo and foo-cvs packages.
22 Ciaran McCreesh