From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Minor nitpicks
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:26:26
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 >
3 > Just some minor nitpicks.
4 >
5 > 1. hostname always returns (none) on my system. How to fix?
6 >
7 yeah, I had the same problem here, it worked after remerging
8 sys-apps/net-tools.
9 I found a problem in the yp-tools package, it installed
10 ypdomainname,nisdomainname and domainname.
11 All those files still existed and where hardlinks to hostname coming
12 from net-tools. I fixed yp-tools
13 today. But also I found another hostname binary in /usr/bin. I'm not
14 sure where this is coming from, I can't find
15 it in the package database, so it must be a buggy install function in
16 one of our 600 packages :(. I will find it.
17 remove that binary(/usr/bin/hostname) manually please
18 > 2. The PS1 prompt works if I login from console, but in an x
19 > terminal window it doesn't (just bash2.04 displayed at the
20 > prompt). How to fix?
21 Change the #!/bin/sh line to #!/bin/sh --login
22 in the windomanager wrappers in /usr/X11R6/bin/wm/.
23 For KDE edit /opt/kde2.1/bin/startkde.
24
25 bye achim~
26
27 BTW: I made a package for sylpeed and configured qmail as my local
28 mailserver. Receiving mail works no matter what settings I use in
29 /etc/hosts for
30 both the IP and the hostname. What mail server are you using?
34 > --
35 > Collins Richey
36 > Denver area
37 > gentoo system