From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:40:43
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:05:01 +0200
3 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Just for fun I took some of the ideas about alternative management of
5 >> the issue and specified the features it makes it worth changing
6 >> (better management and automated snapshot generation from the live
7 >> ebuild).
8 >>
9 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero/glep/liveebuild.rst
10 >>
11 >> I'd like to see some comment on it (I put it in glep form just now so
12 >> it isn't exactly perfect)
13 >
14 > * ordering for _pre is wrong.
15
16 hm?
17
18 > * How are you planning to handle reinstalls? Should installing world
19 > always reinstall live things? Never? Or what?
20
21 depends on the other ebuilds
22
23 > * How are live ebuilds selected by the package manager?
24
25 live ebuilds gets considered as preN+1 for any purpose.
26
27 > * What's the filename for "live ebuild for SVN trunk/"? What about
28
29 foo-${version inside trunk}.live?
30
31 > "live ebuild for SVN branches/0.26/"?
32
33 foo-0.26.live?
34
35 What is inside the template is just concern of the ebuild writer. I
36 suggest to use the same version as marked in the configure or other
37 version value the release will get once upstream decides to release.
38
39 lu
43 Luca Barbato
44 Gentoo Council Member