From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 05:28:40
1 On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:40:28 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > > * ordering for _pre is wrong.
4 >
5 > hm?
6
7 foo-0.26-live would become foo-0.26_pre1, which would be < 0.26. This
8 is clearly wrong.
9
10 > > * How are you planning to handle reinstalls? Should installing world
11 > > always reinstall live things? Never? Or what?
12 >
13 > depends on the other ebuilds
14
15 More specifically?
16
17 > > * How are live ebuilds selected by the package manager?
18 >
19 > live ebuilds gets considered as preN+1 for any purpose.
20
21 So you're saying they *always* get reinstalled as a new version if
22 they're part of the dep tree?
23
24 > > * What's the filename for "live ebuild for SVN trunk/"? What about
25 >
26 > foo-${version inside trunk}.live?
27
28 And when trunk is unversioned?
29
30 > > "live ebuild for SVN branches/0.26/"?
31 >
32 > foo-0.26.live?
33
34 Orders incorrectly when 0.26.1 has been released.
35
36 > What is inside the template is just concern of the ebuild writer. I
37 > suggest to use the same version as marked in the configure or other
38 > version value the release will get once upstream decides to release.
39
40 There's no way of getting the desired effect with current dep specs.
43 Ciaran McCreesh