From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge harmless buglet?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:07:24
1 Vapier wrote: [Mon Aug 04 2003, 06:43:49PM EDT]
2 > please do and i'll make sure it is integrated into portage :)
3 > right now unpack() is affected by this too ...
4
5 Actually, a scan of the portage tree reveals that every case where
6 assert is called there is only one element in the pipeline preceding
7 (i.e. there is no pipeline).
8
9 This means that it would also be an option to change the behavior of
10 assert instead of adding a new API to portage. It wouldn't affect any
11 of the ebuilds currently in the tree. I think this would be a better
12 option since right now, assert is essentially the same thing as || die.
13
14 > > (History: I wrote "die" in the first place.)
15 >
16 > i'll handle your 'reward' off list -mike
17
18 :-) I didn't write that for rewards or self-gratification; I was...
19 qualifying my intent to write an additional API.
20
21 Aron
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list