From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Warn users not to do separate /usr partition without proper initramfs in the handbook?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:10:57
1 On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > 11:39 <@aidecoe> dracut has module fstab-sys. You might check this out
3 > to mount additional stuff before switching to root.
4
5 If we want to make /usr required on boot we should build this
6 capability into genkernel. Or, we should have genkernel invoke
7 dracut, or just make dracut the official initramfs tool and document
8 it accordingly. Or, at the very least we should update our lvm+raid
9 howto to actually work in a supported fashion - probably some of the
10 things above in the process.
11
12 I'm not completely opposed to just ditching the FHS if its day has
13 passed, but this isn't something we should consider lightly and we
14 should at least document the proper way to configure a Gentoo system
15 that has almost all of its data on lvm+raid.
16
17 Rich