From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 1 (Was: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:52:32
1 On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:29:29 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > If a test suite isn't viable, the ebuild should be RESTRICTing test
5 > > anyway.
6 >
7 > That means ALL the media applications, almost all the toolchain
8 > applications, most languages and a couple of other items I don't
9 > touch.
10
11 What, you're saying they all ship with test suites that exist but don't
12 work?
13
14 > I don't think it shoud be part of the spec even if you don't have test
15 > broken on delivery.
16
17 src_test is already part of the spec, and ebuilds are supposed to
18 either support it or RESTRICT it. I'm just proposing that EAPI 1 be a
19 lot stricter about it...
22 Ciaran McCreesh