From: expose@×××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning^2
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:25:58
1 Josh Sled wrote:
2 > I find it disappointing (maybe "telling", if one is less charitable) that
3 > the Proctors never censured the original poster for either the tone of the
4 > message, nor the personal invective it contained, and still haven't. I'd
5 > imagine clear violations of the CoC to result in at least a public
6 > admonishment and warning.
7
8 I feel like it was correct to adress the most pressing issue at first: An
9 arising flame war, which, at the time, was still manageable.
10 The actions which followed, namely that certain people did not abide by the
11 24-hour-delay, might well have made a planned warning for Benjamin Judas
12 drawn in flames.
13
14 Note I neither have the insight to black up my thesis, nor to proof it wrong.
15 I just wanted to show there might well be another side, Josh maybe didnt know
16 of. (By which, in turn, I dont want to claim he hasnt enough insight or
17 whater.) </disclaimer>
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list