From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] merging two packages - upgrade path?
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:24:42
1 * Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 > Well, upstream is just one file/package: vdr-streamdev-0.3.4.tgz
4
5 What I suspected.
6
7 Actually, I'm not interested in that package. Otherwise there
8 already would be a fork which keeps that separation.
9
10 > But we want to revert this now, because splitting leads to more
11 > maintainance effort as both ebuilds are almost the same.
12
13 If upstream would do it's homework, there would be almost
14 no ebuild maintenance work at all ;-P
17 cu
18 --
20 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
22 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
23 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
24 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
25 http://patches.metux.de/
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list