From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:55:43
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:44:24 +0200
3 Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > Svyatogor and me are working on a menu system (like debian ones) for
8 > gentoo. Now we have come to the part where we have to decide whether
9 > to use python or bash scripts for the rule files of the window
10 > managers.
11 >
12 > The Python scripts are 2 times as fast as a bash script and in my
13 > opinion would make live easier, are easier to handle. But svyatogor
14 > votes for bash scripts, as more people know how to write bash scripts
15 > than python scripts, here an example of both:
18 I wish to put my vote in for python.
21 //Spider
25 begin .signature
26 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
28 end