From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: wlt-ml@××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prevent binary/non-compiled packages from binary package creation
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 18:42:04
1 > > On 08/08/2017 07:23 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > > >> it can already be controlled through env files.
3 > > > I was thinking it might, but having used them to skip other
4 > > > hooks. I was thinking they could not be used as such for binary
5 > > > packages. Have you confirmed such is possible? Could you provide
6 > > > a link or example? Thanks!
7 > >
8 > > try something like:
9 > > /etc/portage/env/nobin:
10 > > FEATURES="-buildpkg"
11 > >
12 > > /etc/portage/package.env/nobin:
13 > > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources nobin
14 >
15 > That may work, I was not thinking to negate. Trying it out now. But
16 > may lead me to another need... :)
17
18 My other need is that it does not seem you can use env files or patches
19 in profiles. I think I can do the env stuff via other means. Like
20 package.use. I do not want it in make.defaults, as this is per package.
21
22 The problem with env files is managing them per system. I want to do
23 things like that in profiles. It is to much work to manage that stuff
24 on each system. Even using things like ansible. Which is why I have
25 moved to custom profiles rather than per system stuff.
26
27 I will need to experiment a bit more. But IMHO a variable that can be
28 set in an ebuild, and bypassed if needed by operator at emerge time is
29 the simplest approach.
32 William L. Thomson Jr.