From: "Rafael Espíndola" <rafael.espindola@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: xorg's RDEPEND
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:52:23
1 On 5/18/05, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
2 > How is it that you know those two greps will catch everything?
3 I don't. In fact I am sure they don't catch everything: given a Turing
4 machine one can replace all halts by a "do something with flex". So it
5 is undecidable if x11 rdepends on flex (or xbill) and one must prove
6 it to be sure. I just want to give some indications that flex is not a
7 dependency.
8
9 Another one:
10 epm -ql flex:
11 there is some docs, some infos and a man page. I assume that X doesn't
12 need those.
13 there is a static lib and a header. As far as I know X doesn't compile
14 anything after it is installed.
15 there is the flex binary. As far as I know X doesn't create lexical
16 analyzer after it is installed.
17
18 Please don't missunderstand me. I am not being pedantic. I am creating
19 a thin-client with gentoo and would like to make it easier for someone
20 that wants to do that something similar afterwards.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Rafael
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list