From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: xorg's RDEPEND
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:14:35
1 On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:52 -0300, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
2 > On 5/18/05, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
3 > > How is it that you know those two greps will catch everything?
4 > I don't. In fact I am sure they don't catch everything: given a Turing
5 > machine one can replace all halts by a "do something with flex". So it
6 > is undecidable if x11 rdepends on flex (or xbill) and one must prove
7 > it to be sure. I just want to give some indications that flex is not a
8 > dependency.
9 >
10 > Another one:
11 > epm -ql flex:
12 > there is some docs, some infos and a man page. I assume that X doesn't
13 > need those.
14 > there is a static lib and a header. As far as I know X doesn't compile
15 > anything after it is installed.
16 > there is the flex binary. As far as I know X doesn't create lexical
17 > analyzer after it is installed.
18 >
19 > Please don't missunderstand me. I am not being pedantic. I am creating
20 > a thin-client with gentoo and would like to make it easier for someone
21 > that wants to do that something similar afterwards.
22
23 emerge pxes
24
25 :P
26
27 OK, so it isn't exactly the same thing, but I don't see much point in
28 reinventing the wheel.
31 Chris Gianelloni
33 Games - Developer
34 Gentoo Linux