From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: package.mask
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:11:24
1 В Срд, 14/01/2009 в 20:24 -0800, Donnie Berkholz пишет:
2 > On 11:05 Mon 12 Jan , AllenJB wrote:
3 > > In my opinion the cvs commit log and the ChangeLog serve 2 different
4 > > purposes. The cvs log is for developers while the ChangeLog is for
5 > > users. While the cvs log will likely just want to explain what change
6 > > was made, the ChangeLog should explain why it was made.
7 >
8 > So if you want to know both, you need to look in 2 places? That doesn't
9 > seem very nice to me.
10
11 We do not distribute portage tree trough cvs and rsync does not have
12 ChangeLog's. But even with cvs, cvs log is very slow ...
13
14 > Also in a distributed VCS, we'd want to generate
15 > ChangeLogs from the commit logs
16
17 True. But portage tree is still CVS and until this happened we need
18 document all changes in ChangeLog's.
21 Peter.