From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: package.mask
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:24:45
1 On 11:05 Mon 12 Jan , AllenJB wrote:
2 > In my opinion the cvs commit log and the ChangeLog serve 2 different
3 > purposes. The cvs log is for developers while the ChangeLog is for
4 > users. While the cvs log will likely just want to explain what change
5 > was made, the ChangeLog should explain why it was made.
6
7 So if you want to know both, you need to look in 2 places? That doesn't
8 seem very nice to me. Also in a distributed VCS, we'd want to generate
9 ChangeLogs from the commit logs to avoid all kinds of annoying conflict
10 resolution and remove redundant information.
11
12 > PS. I know about index2.xml - but that doesn't look like it's going to
13 > be the main front page any time soon at the moment, which is a real
14 > shame because it has some awesome changes.
15
16 I need to write up an announcement for the changes, then Xavier will
17 flip the switch. Think days not weeks.
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie
22
23 Donnie Berkholz