From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: package.mask
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:47:27
1 On Thursday 15 of January 2009 05:24:41 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > So if you want to know both, you need to look in 2 places? That doesn't
4 > seem very nice to me. Also in a distributed VCS, we'd want to generate
5 > ChangeLogs from the commit logs to avoid all kinds of annoying conflict
6 > resolution and remove redundant information.
7
8 Hmm... or the other way around, so that, after making changes, echangelog
9 would generate ChangeLog entry, then repoman manifest, and at the end repoman
10 commit could just pick this entry and place as commit message.
11
12 It would of course make sense when all commits were 'atomic' in some way -
13 (one commit per package/directory - if there's no such policy already).
16 regards
17 MM