From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] whitelisting the env ebuilds execute in
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:48:46
1 On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:40:16 -0600 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Assuming no one can come up with a valid reason why the entire user
4 | env must be dumped into the compilation environment, whitelisting of
5 | vars that are allowed in would be the next step. LINGUAS,
6 | EXTRA_ECONF, etc.
7
8 Will this whitelist be developer-controllable, or will we have to wait
9 several years any time we want something added to it? I'm thinking
10 forward to the next time we do an eclass thing like EBEEP_IGNORE...
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm