From: Ben Lutgens <lamer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild copyright donations to Gentoo Corporation?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:34:36
1 On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 08:17:40AM -0700, christoph@×××××××.com wrote:
2 >On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
3 >
4 >> Finally, Copyright on e-builds. We've gone through this on -core before.
5 >> It's not an extremely big deal, but my understanding is that things would
6 >> be infinitely easier, should problems arise in the future, if Gentoo is
7 >> the copyright holder.
8
9 we're talking about a few lines of bash that makes up an ebuild....
12 >I am sorry but I was not around when this was discussed earlier. This
13 >request looks like you want a code donation to Gentoo Incorporated free of
14 >all licensing constraints. The copyright holder can release the code with
15 >different licensing conditions. Gentoo developers would be putting the
16 >work of their volunteer efforts under a corporate framework.
17 >
18 >What is Gentoo Incorporated? I cannot find too much information about
19 >Gentoo Inc.
20 >
22 >gentoo-dev mailing list
23 >gentoo-dev@g.o