From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] limiting the number of virtual consoles in user mode linux
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:46:19
1 On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:22:38PM -0700, Anupam Kapoor wrote:
2 [...]
3 > i am not sure i understand how it is related to spawning multiple
4 > consoles during system boot.
5
6 I'm not sure, but I believe that the following commands will create the vc's
7 (which is not what you want):
8
9 echo -ne "\033(K" > /dev/vc/${x}
10 or
11 echo -ne "\033(K" > /dev/tty${x}
12 in /etc/init.d/consolefont (in case you don't have consolechars)
13
14 By delimiting ${x} to the number of VC's you want you make sure that the
15 kernel only starts that number of xterms when loading the UML...
16
17 Wkr,
18 Sven Vermeulen
21 Thanks to DRM, you know that something has been built in environment of
22 unspecified degree of security, from source you cannot check, written by
23 programmers you don't know, released after passing QA of unknown quality and
24 which is released under a license that disclaims any responsibility...