From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: controlling src_test
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:07:46
1 Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > Rémi Cardona wrote:
3 >> Ravi Pinjala a écrit :
4 >>> I, for one, would like to be able to control whether or not to run tests
5 >>> that take a huge amount of time to run. Some test suites are
6 >>> ridiculously comprehensive, and if we could have an option to disable
7 >>> only those, or even run a reduced test suite, that'd be pretty neat.
8 >> We've already had this discussion before [1] and there is no
9 >> one-size-fits-all solution for tagging tests.
10 >>
11 >> Ryan's plan only proposes to enable/disable tests based on whether they
12 >> can run inside a sandbox. That much is doable. Trying to quantify the
13 >> time a test suite will take to complete is impossible : different
14 >> arches, vastly different CPU clock speeds, same for HDDs sizes and
15 >> speeds, ... is impossible.
16 >
17 > I usually disable tests on a per-package basis using /etc/portage/env
18 > entries.
19 >
20 > dirtyepic@tycho ~ $ cat /etc/portage/env/sci-libs/fftw
21 > NEWFEATURES=
22 >
23 > for f in ${FEATURES}; do
24 > if [[ ! $f == "test" ]]; then
25 > NEWFEATURES="${NEWFEATURES} $f"
26 > fi
27 > done
28 >
29 > FEATURES="${NEWFEATURES}"
30
31 here's a crappy little script to automate it.
34 fonts / wxWindows / gcc-porting / treecleaners
35 EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662 (0xF9A40662)

defeature text/plain