From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: controlling src_test
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:56:23
1 Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > Ravi Pinjala a écrit :
3 >> I, for one, would like to be able to control whether or not to run tests
4 >> that take a huge amount of time to run. Some test suites are
5 >> ridiculously comprehensive, and if we could have an option to disable
6 >> only those, or even run a reduced test suite, that'd be pretty neat.
7 >
8 > We've already had this discussion before [1] and there is no
9 > one-size-fits-all solution for tagging tests.
10 >
11 > Ryan's plan only proposes to enable/disable tests based on whether they
12 > can run inside a sandbox. That much is doable. Trying to quantify the
13 > time a test suite will take to complete is impossible : different
14 > arches, vastly different CPU clock speeds, same for HDDs sizes and
15 > speeds, ... is impossible.
16
17 I usually disable tests on a per-package basis using /etc/portage/env
18 entries.
19
20 dirtyepic@tycho ~ $ cat /etc/portage/env/sci-libs/fftw
21 NEWFEATURES=
22
23 for f in ${FEATURES}; do
24 if [[ ! $f == "test" ]]; then
25 NEWFEATURES="${NEWFEATURES} $f"
26 fi
27 done
28
29 FEATURES="${NEWFEATURES}"
33 fonts / wxWindows / gcc-porting / treecleaners
34 EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662 (0xF9A40662)
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list