From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 67 is in, please update your metadata.dtd!
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 20:05:53
1 On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> I might be asking this for a second time, but why does repoman download
6 >>> the metadata.dtd at all? If one fetches from
7 >>> git://../gentoo-mirror/gentoo (or via rsync, afaik) it is included
8 >>> in /usr/portage/metadata/dtd/.
9 >>
10 >> repoman is a developer tool. The git repo used by developers does not
11 >> include metadata.dtd.
12 >
13 > repoman is useful for everybody who manages a local
14 > or public repository. I guess only a small number
15 > of these people use the developers' git repo.
16 > (For instance, I am one of these...)
17 >
18 > It would be nice if repoman would first check whether
19 > the file is in some ${repo}/metadata/dtd/
20 > and download to DISTDIR only as a fallback.
21 > Or if it can be at least configured (e.g. with an option)
22 > to check for this file (maybe the path can be configured, too)
23 > before downloading metadata.dtd.
24
25 I agree that this would be a nice enhancement.