From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 04:03:20
1 On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 22:37 -0400, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 03:14 +0100, Stephen Bennett wrote:
4 > >> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:40:54 -0400
5 > >> Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
6 > >>
7 > >>> Umm ok. I've decided that root is root no matter how you look at it
8 > >>> and it's not worth getting into a vertical pissing contest over.
11 > >> So this is effectively an admission that infra intends to use its
12 > >> position of trust to unilaterally enforce its members' will upon the
13 > >> developers as a whole. I shall make a note not to disagree with any of
14 > >> you in the future.
15 > >
16 > > don't be a troll man.
17 >
18 > I would agree with you that this was a troll, except that I happen to
19 > have seen a previous revision of your policy doc a day or two ago, which
20 > was titled "fscking behave" if I recall. Unfortunately, I didn't save a
21 > copy (I really wish I would have), but it appears that the doc evolved
22 > from "infra will suspend unilaterally as they see fit, and there is
23 > nothing devrel can even do about it" to its current form. I must say
24 > that I find the idea that you guys have been thinking along these lines
25 > at all to be somewhat disturbing.
26
27 Ok so your saying you saw the doc before now. Ok. So if you saw that
28 then chances are you also saw me asking for feedback. Well. I'm open to
29 feedback. However right now it appears your trying to sway perception of
30 the readers by painting a picture of some evil sinister plots on in an
31 attempt to discredit people. If such is the case (and it sure feels like
32 it) then I'm not really interested in talking or working with you.
33
34 Next time try giving me an .xml patch or sending me a direct email if
35 you want me to update a document in "MY!" dev space or heh post your own
36 drafts to your own devspace.
39 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
40 Gentoo Linux
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list