From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 02:45:01
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 03:14 +0100, Stephen Bennett wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:40:54 -0400
4 >> Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Umm ok. I've decided that root is root no matter how you look at it
7 >>> and it's not worth getting into a vertical pissing contest over.
10 >> So this is effectively an admission that infra intends to use its
11 >> position of trust to unilaterally enforce its members' will upon the
12 >> developers as a whole. I shall make a note not to disagree with any of
13 >> you in the future.
14 >
15 > don't be a troll man.
16
17 I would agree with you that this was a troll, except that I happen to
18 have seen a previous revision of your policy doc a day or two ago, which
19 was titled "fscking behave" if I recall. Unfortunately, I didn't save a
20 copy (I really wish I would have), but it appears that the doc evolved
21 from "infra will suspend unilaterally as they see fit, and there is
22 nothing devrel can even do about it" to its current form. I must say
23 that I find the idea that you guys have been thinking along these lines
24 at all to be somewhat disturbing.
25
26 -Steve
27 --