From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo git step by step guide
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 15:38:39
1 On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > NOTE: you may skip running repoman another time if you have manually
3 > verified that the commits you are missing are totally unrelated to your
4 > work (e.g. only affect a package that is not in the dependency chain of
5 > yours). You can do so via: 'git diff $(git merge-base master
6 > remotes/origin/master) remotes/origin/master'
7
8 This seems like a reasonable compromise. 99% of the time this will be
9 the case for single-package commits, and for stuff that is tree-wide
10 everybody should be using care anyway. I don't think I've ever made a
11 single package commit in cvs and run into a collision between the time
12 I updated cvs and the time I finished making my changes and doing a
13 commit.
16 Rich