From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LLVM static libs
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 21:34:50
1 Hi,
2
3 On 09/20/2015 11:14 PM, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
4 > On Sun, 2015-09-20 at 22:32 +0200, Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> the first question is addressed both to llvm-dev and gentoo-dev. The
8 >> second one is Gentoo specific.
9 >>
10 >> Is there any possibility to build LLVM both as static and shared libraries?
11 >>
12 >> What I see currently is that our ebuild makes LLVM to build shared libs
13 >> unconditionally. Is there a possibility (if it is impossible to build
14 >> both lib types) to at least give to user control on what kind of libs he
15 >> will have?
16 >
17 > I don't quite understand why you are asking all of gentoo-dev about this.
20 I'm asking because there can be some reasons not to have static-libs for
21 LLVM that I do not see and somebody may point me to them.
22
23 Also from a quick look at LLVM cmake files it seems that it can have
24 either shared or static libs (not both at a time), that's another reason
25 why I'm asking list, may be I'm wrong here and somebody will show me how
26 to proceed here.
27
28 Another question there were static libs installed by LLVM once, but they
29 stopped to be built now, may be somebody will comment why.
30
31 Regards,
32 Jauhien