From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Opinion against /usr merge
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 03:03:53
1 Canek Peláez Valdés posted on Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:04:33 -0500 as
2 excerpted:
3
4 > I don't mind the merge of /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin and /usr/sbin; moreover,
5 > I want an even more radical change:
6 >
7 > /usr -> /System /home -> /Users /etc -> /Config
8
9 Ugh. At least kill the shift key requirement. Other than that, no real
10 objection, but it's far afield from the current discussion and would be a
11 lot of (arguably unnecessary) work to migrate.
12
13 FWIW, tho, that does look a lot like... I think it's gobo linux... If you
14 like that sort of thing, I'd suggest looking at it.
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman