From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gnome/gtk app ebuilds
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:26:22
1 On Friday 03 August 2001 10:00, you wrote:
2 > On Friday 03 August 2001 06:28, you wrote:
3 > > Four new ebuilds:
4 > > SCREEM - a GNOME Site Creation and Editing EnvironMent
5 > > ithought - a web enabled outliner / diary using gtk+
6 > > gaby - GNOME or gtk+ personal database
7 > > feh - everybody's favorite (well mine anyway) image viewer, and it's
8 > > not gtk or gnome, just imlib2
9 > >
10 > > ithought has a strange numbering scheme. It's actually ithought-a5.
11 > > I called the ebuild ithought-0.0.5.ebuild.
12 > >
13 > > The gaby ebuild is bothering me a bit. The problem - it compiles.
14 > > The default configure script is looking for pygtk.h somewhere other
15 > > than the python.gnome ebuild puts it (/usr/include/pygtk/). I
16 > > modified ./configure so that it finds it, but I expected a Makefile to
17 > > break when it didn't have -I/usr/include in it. Nothing broke as far
18 > > as I can tell. So, if anyone notices strange behavior with gaby, let
19 > > me know.
20 > >
21 > > Craig
22 >
23 > OK, I'll add these to portage/incoming. But, with the amount of ebuilds
24 > you've been posting, you should consider becoming a Gentoo developer. It
25 > doesn't necessarily entail more than being able to commit and manage all
26 > you ebuilds yourself.
27
28 Right now you have 9 ebuilds in incoming, plus those that other developers
29 may have integrated into the main portage tree already.
34 Dan Armak
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
36 Matan, Israel