From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gnome/gtk app ebuilds
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:03:37
1 On Friday 03 August 2001 06:28, you wrote:
2 > Four new ebuilds:
3 > SCREEM - a GNOME Site Creation and Editing EnvironMent
4 > ithought - a web enabled outliner / diary using gtk+
5 > gaby - GNOME or gtk+ personal database
6 > feh - everybody's favorite (well mine anyway) image viewer, and it's
7 > not gtk or gnome, just imlib2
8 >
9 > ithought has a strange numbering scheme. It's actually ithought-a5.
10 > I called the ebuild ithought-0.0.5.ebuild.
11 >
12 > The gaby ebuild is bothering me a bit. The problem - it compiles.
13 > The default configure script is looking for pygtk.h somewhere other
14 > than the python.gnome ebuild puts it (/usr/include/pygtk/). I
15 > modified ./configure so that it finds it, but I expected a Makefile to
16 > break when it didn't have -I/usr/include in it. Nothing broke as far
17 > as I can tell. So, if anyone notices strange behavior with gaby, let
18 > me know.
19 >
20 > Craig
21 OK, I'll add these to portage/incoming. But, with the amount of ebuilds
22 you've been posting, you should consider becoming a Gentoo developer. It
23 doesn't necessarily entail more than being able to commit and manage all you
24 ebuilds yourself.
29 Dan Armak
30 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
31 Matan, Israel